Growing up, we got tuna casserole weekly, and it is so funny to me that this is the meal most requested by my family today!
Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 2 cans solid albacore tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (not the healthy or reduced fat ones – I’ve tried them, and they don’t work for this)
- 8oz pasta (shells, wide egg noodles, macaroni – whatever you have on hand)
- French’s Fried Onions (see *Note)
- garnish: chopped fresh parsley and Old Bay seasoning (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Cook the pasta al dente (1 minute less than cooking time listed on package) in heavily salted water. Drain.
In a casserole dish, combine all ingredients. Use the empty soup can to measure the milk (add 1 canful). Top with the chips or crackers. Bake until bubbly (~30-35 min). Dust with Old Bay and sprinkle a little parsley to serve. Serves 4.
*Note: I prefer French’s onions for topping, but I’ve also used goldfish crackers, crushed Club crackers, and crushed Ritz crackers. My mom always used crushed potato chips.